The full rotational drop test, per Amazon Ships In Own Container (SIOC) testing, is performed on flat or elongated packages of types A, B, C, D and all type H packages. The product is placed so that one of the smallest faces rests on a flat, rigid surface. Sufficient force is then applied to the upper half of the product so that the product falls on its face without moving it from its position. This test is to be performed in the orientations detailed in the test standard. This is considered a shock test by the Amazon SIOC standards.
Below is an animation showing the ISTA 6-Amazon.com-SIOC Test Block 22 full rotational flat drop testing:
As an Amazon APASS approved and ISTA accredited package testing lab, Keystone Package Testing can meet all of your Amazon package testing needs including full rotational flat drop testing. Let’s work together to get your product packaging approved to the Amazon SIOC requirements.
Package types associated with the Amazon Full Rotational Flat Drop test:
- Type A: Parcel delivery of individual packaged-products less than 50 lb. (23 kg).
- Type B: Parcel delivery of individual packaged-products 50 lb. (23 kg) to less than 100 lb. (43 kg).
- Type C: Parcel delivery packaged-products 100 lb. (43 kg) or greater.
- Type D: LTL delivery of individual packaged-products less than 100 lb. (43 kg).
- Type H: LTL delivery of individual packaged TVs and monitors that are 150 pounds (68 kg) or greater or have a girth greater than 165” (4.19 m)
You are still reading? Don’t drop the ball. Let Keystone drop your package so that you can receive the benefits of Amazon SIOC certification! Get a quote to get started.