As an ISTA-certified package test lab included on Amazon’s APASS network, Keystone Compliance is very familiar with the test requirements of Amazon’s Vendor Package Certification Process. We test a lot of packages on a daily basis and have assembled some tips to help Amazon vendors sell their apparel, fabric and textiles with the least amount of damage, while complying with the requirements of Amazon’s Fulfillment by Amazon product packaging guidelines. The information below is a brief overview of some best practices. Please consult Amazon.com for a full list of their packaging requirements for textiles, fabrics and apparel.
Things to do:
- All clothing should be neatly folded to its minimal dimensions and placed in an exact-fit bag or box. The boxes should not be broken or creased.
- All individual units of apparel and products made of fabric or textiles, including cardboard backings, should be placed in transparent, sealed bags or shrink wrap (minimum of 1.5 mil) clearly marked with a suffocation warning label.
- Footwear should be measured in its original, manufacturer-provided box.
- Footwear should be packaged with no material exposed.
- If an item has a negligible weight or dimensions, use 0.01 inch for length, height, and width, and 0.05 pounds for the weight.
- Leather and other materials that could be damaged by bags or shrink wrap, should be packed in boxes.
- Make sure every product has a label that is scannable and visible, even after bagging.
- To save space, all items should be folded to the smallest dimensions to fit in the package.
- Use packaging materials such as boxes, cardboard footprints, labels, poly bags and shrink wrap.
Things not to do:
- Combine unmatched singles or groups of shoes without a secured shoebox.
- Have fabric products exposed to damage dirt and dust.
- Use a bag or shrink wrap that is three inches larger than the dimensions of the product.
- Use any packaging for footwear other than the box provided by the manufacturer.
- Use or include hangars.
Keystone Compliance provides vendors with the testing to certify their products to receive the benefits of Amazon’s Packaging Certification Tiers. With significant package testing knowledge, globally-recognized accreditation, short lead times and affordable prices, Keystone Compliance is the best Amazon package testing partner. Let’s get started!