As an ISTA-certified package test lab included on Amazon’s APASS network, Keystone Package Testing is very familiar with the test requirements of Amazon’s Vendor Package Certification Process. We test a lot of packages on a daily basis and have assembled some tips to help Amazon vendors sell batteries with the least amount of damage, while complying with the requirements of Amazon’s Fulfillment by Amazon product packaging guidelines. The information below is a brief overview of some best practices. Please consult Amazon.com for a full list of their packaging requirements for batteries.
Things to do:
- Ensure that repackaged batteries are in boxes or clamshell packaging that is securely sealed.
- If multi-pack batteries are sealed in original manufacturer packaging, no additional boxing or sealing of batteries is required. If the batteries are repackaged, then sealed boxes or sealed hard plastic clamshell packaging is required.
- Make sure that packaged batteries can pass a 4-foot drop test onto a hard surface without breaking. The drop test consists of five drops (1) flat on base, (2) flat on top, (3) flat on longest side, (4) flat on shortest side and (5) on a corner.
- Use permitted packaging materials such as boxes, clamshell plastic or the original manufacturer packaging.
Things to not do:
- Not have expiration dates visible on the packaging.
- Package batteries such that they could become loose.
- Ship batteries in a condition that the terminals could come together.
- Use shrink wrap, zippered bags or other non-rigid packaging to ship batteries.
Keystone is certified to test to the full scope of ISTA 6-amazon.com standards. With quick turn around times, transparent pricing, and constant communication, Keystone can meet your package testing needs. As an internationally accredited testing laboratory, Keystone’s reports are accepted globally. Explore our site to learn more about Amazon package testing or visit our site, www.keystonepackage.com to learn more about our ISTA and ASTM package testing capabilities.
Keystone Package Testing provides vendors with the testing to certify their products to receive the benefits of Amazon’s Packaging Certification Tiers. With significant package testing knowledge, globally-recognized accreditation, short lead times and affordable prices, Keystone Package Testing is the best Amazon package testing partner. Let’s get started!