As an ISTA-certified package test lab included on Amazon’s APASS network, Keystone Package Testing is very familiar with the test requirements of Amazon’s Vendor Package Certification Process. We test a lot of packages on a daily basis and have assembled some tips to help Amazon vendors sell jewelry with the least amount of damage, while complying with the requirements of Amazon’s Fulfillment by Amazon product packaging guidelines. The information below is a brief overview of some best practices. Please consult Amazon.com for a full list of their packaging requirements for jewelry.
Things to do:
- Boxes made of material that is easily cleaned do not have to be bagged.
- Include a suffocation warning on all poly bags (minimum 1.5 mil.) with a 5″ opening or larger.
- Pack pouches individually in plastic bags with the barcode on the outside of the pouch to avoid damage from dust.
- Place a product description label on the side with the greatest surface area.
- Use approved packaging materials such as boxes, labels and poly bags.
- Use only protective sleeves or bags that are slightly larger than the product.
- Use sleeves to protect from dust.
Things not to do:
- Force a pouch into a bag that is too small or place it in a bag where it can easily shift around.
- Have boxed or bagged items without the barcode prominently displayed.
- Use poly bags that are not transparent.
Keystone is certified to test to the full scope of ISTA 6-amazon.com standards. With quick turn around times, transparent pricing, and constant communication, Keystone can meet your package testing needs. As an internationally accredited testing laboratory, Keystone’s reports are accepted globally. Explore our site to learn more about Amazon package testing or visit our site, www.keystonepackage.com to learn more about our ISTA and ASTM package testing capabilities.
Keystone Package Testing provides vendors with the testing to certify their products to receive the benefits of Amazon’s Packaging Certification Tiers. With significant package testing knowledge, globally-recognized accreditation, short lead times and affordable prices, Keystone Package Testing is the best Amazon package testing partner. Let’s get started!