As an ISTA-certified package test lab included on Amazon’s APASS network, Keystone Package Testing is very familiar with the test requirements of Amazon’s Vendor Package Certification Process. We test a lot of packages on a daily basis and have assembled some tips to help Amazon vendors sell products with liquids with the least amount of damage, while complying with the requirements of Amazon’s Fulfillment by Amazon product packaging guidelines. The information below is a brief overview of some best practices. Please consult Amazon.com for a full list of their packaging requirements for liquids.
Things to do:
- Ensure sure your products can pass a three-foot drop test onto a hard surface without breaking. The drop test consists of five drops (1) flat on base, (2) flat on top, (3) flat on longest side, (4) flat on shortest side and (5) on a corner.
- Make sure the products cap is tight.
- Use a double seal, which is defined as a tightened lid that cannot be easily opened and either a safety seal, which is a peel-off seal underneath the lid of a product, or a manufactured seal around the outside of the neck of the product.
- Use permitted packaging materials such as boxes, bubble wrap, labels, poly bags and shrink wrap.
Things to not do:
- Not have expiration dates clearly visible.
- Not use a poly bag or shrink wrap for liquids over four ounces that do not have a double seal or safety seal.
- Ship a product that is leaking.
- Ship products that are classified as Hazmat or have a Flash Point less than 200 degrees Fahrenheit (93.33 degrees Celsius).
- Violate the volume and container restrictions. Please refer to the Amazon chart for more details.
Keystone is certified to test to the full scope of ISTA 6-amazon.com standards. With quick turn around times, transparent pricing, and constant communication, Keystone can meet your package testing needs. As an internationally accredited testing laboratory, Keystone’s reports are accepted globally. Explore our site to learn more about Amazon package testing or visit our site, www.keystonepackage.com to learn more about our ISTA and ASTM package testing capabilities.
Keystone Package Testing provides vendors with the testing to certify their products to receive the benefits of Amazon’s Packaging Certification Tiers. With significant package testing knowledge, globally-recognized accreditation, short lead times and affordable prices, Keystone Package Testing is the best Amazon package testing partner. Let’s get started!