As an ISTA-certified package test lab included on Amazon’s APASS network, Keystone Package Testing is very familiar with the test requirements of Amazon’s Vendor Package Certification Process. We test a lot of packages on a daily basis and have assembled some tips to help Amazon vendors sell pellets, powders and granulars with the least amount of damage, while complying with the requirements of Amazon’s Fulfillment by Amazon product packaging guidelines. These products are dry goods that are pourable and can cause damage during shipping or when stored. The information below is a brief overview of some best practices. Please consult Amazon.com for a full list of their packaging requirements for granular products, pellets and powders.
Things to do:
- Enclose products that cannot meet the drop test requirements in poly bags.
- Ensure sure your products can pass a three-foot drop test onto a hard surface without breaking. The drop test consists of five drops (1) flat on base, (2) flat on top, (3) flat on longest side, (4) flat on shortest side and (5) on a corner.
- If a glass enclosure is used, make sure it meets Amazon’s guidelines for glass containers.
- Use permitted packing material of boxes, dunnage, labels, poly bags and shrink wrap.
Things not to do:
- Leave empty space in the package, which may lower the chance of the product’s ability to pass the 3-foot drop test.
- Not wrap multiple products individually to prevent them from damaging one another within their package.
- Packing fragile products such that they are either exposed or not completely separated from other products.
Keystone is certified to test to the full scope of ISTA 6-amazon.com standards. With quick turn around times, transparent pricing, and constant communication, Keystone can meet your package testing needs. As an internationally accredited testing laboratory, Keystone’s reports are accepted globally. Explore our site to learn more about Amazon package testing or visit our site, www.keystonepackage.com to learn more about our ISTA and ASTM package testing capabilities.
Keystone Package Testing provides vendors with the testing to certify their products to receive the benefits of Amazon’s Packaging Certification Tiers. With significant package testing knowledge, globally-recognized accreditation, short lead times and affordable prices, Keystone Compliance is the best Amazon package testing partner. Let’s get started!