The vibration test, per Amazon Ships In Own Container (SIOC) and Over Box testing, must be completed by a random vibration test system in compliance with ASTM D4728 or ISO 13355. The product must be fixtured to the vibration table in such a way that proper alignment of the product and any top load apparatus is maintained. To perform the vibration testing, the product is placed on the vibration table with the appropriate top load. The orientations, loads and testing times are all detailed in the test standard.
Below is an animation showing the ISTA 6-Amazon.com Over-Boxing Test Block 3 and ISTA 6-Amazon.com-SIOC Test Block 12, Test Block 13 and Test Block 14 vibration testing with and without load:
As an Amazon APASS approved and ISTA accredited package testing lab, Keystone Package Testing can meet all of your Amazon package testing needs including vibration testing. Let’s work together to get your product packaging approved to the Amazon SIOC and Over Boxing requirements.
Package types associated with the Amazon Vibration test:
- Type A: Parcel delivery of individual packaged-products less than 50 lb. (23 kg).
- Type B: Parcel delivery of individual packaged-products 50 lb. (23 kg) to less than 100 lb. (43 kg).
- Type C: Parcel delivery packaged-products 100 lb. (43 kg) or greater.
- Type D: LTL delivery of individual packaged-products less than 100 lb. (43 kg).
- Type E: LTL delivery of individual packaged-products 100 lb. (43 kg) or greater.
- Type F: LTL delivery of individual palletized packaged-products.
- Type G: LTL delivery of individual packaged TVs and monitors that are less than 150 pounds (68 kg) & have a girth equal to or less than 165” (4.19 m)
- Type H: LTL delivery of individual packaged TVs and monitors that are 150 pounds (68 kg) or greater or have a girth greater than 165” (4.19 m)
You are still reading? Don’t drop the ball. Let Keystone drop your package so that you can receive the benefits of Amazon SIOC certification! Get a quote to get started.